MEET OUR MINISTERIAL STAFF
PASTOR STEVE & BARBARA RHOADES
Pastor Steve and Barbara started as lead pastors at Generation Life Church on July 1, 2014.
Pastor Steve graduated from Rhema Bible College and Global University.
They have been married for 15 years and together have 6 children and 6 grandchildren.
Pastor has a heart for the broken as he knows what it is like to be lost and broken and how God has delivered him from many bondages.
209-267-9198 x 27
Pastor Meredith has been on staff at GLC for 16 years. She completed her ministerial studies at Global University. Pastor Meredith has a powerful testimony of forgiveness and reconciliation within her own family and is passionate about people getting ahold of the truth of God's word and applying it to their lives. She's an anointed worship leader and gifted teacher.
TREVOR & STEPHANIE GRIGSON
Pastors Trevor and Stephanie have been married for six years and have three children together. Stephanie served as an intern at GLC for two years and then on staff as the youth leader. Trevor attended college at Southeastern University and served on the worship teams there. In 2014 they were married and served in staff as the youth pastors at GLC for 3 years and then as Associate Pastors for 2 years. They spent the last two years in WA, Trevor serving on staff at a church there as the worship pastor. They are both passionate about seeing people walk in the truth of God’s word and His freedom. They are so thankful and excited to be back at GLC serving as Associate Pastors.
DAVID & LOUANNE FOYIL
Senior's Ministry Directors
David and Louanne have been married 14 years. Together they have 3 children and 12 grandchildren. David graduated from Lincoln Law School and opened his practice in Amador County. Louanne graduated from the University of Wyoming with a degree in music and education. Currently Louanne is serving on the worship team and in altar ministry. David is a board member and together they lead “Marriage on the Rock” and co-lead GLC’s Seniors Ministry. They both have a heart for seeing people saved, healed and delivered, specifically those who are struggling within their marriages or in blended families. They also have a heart for those who are facing loneliness, loss of a loved one, aging, and those who are struggling with an addiction or financially.
KYLE & MISTY CLARK
Pastor Kyle and Misty have been married for 8 years and have 3 children together. They met when they were students at Masters Commission in Atlanta, Georgia and have been serving in ministry together since 2009. They've been youth and associate pastors at GLC for 4 years.
Pastor Kyle is gifted in worship ministry with a prophetic anointing. Misty is an anointed teacher with a heart for serving in children's ministries.
Together their heart and vision is to see people of all generations come together.
Children's Ministry Director
209-267-9198 x 34
Being a mother, kid’s ministry director, and teacher is what truly defines Miss Courtney. There's nothing in this world she enjoys more than leading children to Jesus and cultivating a love and comfort for prayer and worship through her ministry. She has been attending GLC for 17 years. She has always had a strong heart’s desire to work closely with children and began volunteering as an aid in both nursery and the preschool Sunday school at just 13 years old. She acquired a Bachelor of Science in Child Development with a Specialization in Leadership to reach her dream of becoming a qualified teacher and in hopes to understand children on a deeper level. Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in relationship with our families, her vision is to faithfully teach the gospel and demonstrate a love of Christ to all children under her care with an aspiration that they each become disciples who trust, serve, worship and obey God now, and for eternity.
Men's Ministry Director
Mitchell started serving as Men's Ministry Director in January 2020. He and Heather Mayfield have been married since May 2016. They both became followers of Christ and dedicated their lives to God on Christmas Eve 2018. Since then, Mitchell has devoted his heart to seeking God's heart and direction in his life and his family's life. Mitchell's vision for the men of GLC is that they become servants and saints in the LORD's house. That they create life long bonds; building a support network that will give them the opportunity to encourage each other and become stronger in their faith and in their walk as Godly men.
Women's Ministry Director
Heather started serving as Women's Ministry Director in August 2020. Heather has been married to Mitchell Mayfield since May 2016. They both became followers of Christ and dedicated their lives to God on Christmas Eve 2018. Since then, Heather has devoted her heart to seeking God's heart and has followed her husband's example in finding God's direction in her life. Heather's vision for the women of GLC is that they help create the backbone of our biblical community. That they, alongside the men, can create a loving support network that will give them the opportunity to encourage and teach each other; to strengthen their faith and their walk as Godly women.
What We Believe
Who we are:
GLC is not just another religious organization. We are a group of people who have discovered that God wants to take away all of our failures and insecurities and He has given us tools to live a greater life than we could live on our own.
At GLC our vision is to allow the presence of God to touch each persons life. We are a multi-generational, multi-cultural church who's goal is to reach all generations and cultures for Jesus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
is to reach people with the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
Building lives through the teaching of God's Word.
Connecting with one another, and with our community
Equipping people to be who God created them to be,through service and involvement in the ministry at Generation Life Church.
GLC is in fellowship with the Assemblies of God and as such, we stand by the fundamental truths of the Assemblies of God.
1. WE BELIEVE...the scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE...there is only One True God, revealed in three persons...Father, Son and Holy Spirit(commonly known as the Trinity.)
3. WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Chrust. As God's son, Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE...though originally good, man willingly fell to sin. Ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE...Every person can have restored fellowship with God through Salvation (trusting Christ,though faith and repentance, to be our personal savior) [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
6. WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances---(1)Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation and (2)Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in the new testament times.[1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
8. WE BELIEVE...the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is 'speaking in tongues' as experienced on the day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE...Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is Holy, but aslo a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
10. WE BELIEVE...the church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the church' is the body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption(regardless of religious denomination)through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE...A divinely called and scriptually ordained leadership ministry serves the church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believeres, to build up or edify the body of believers-the church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
12. WE BELIEVE...Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement(His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins) [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
13. WE BELIEVE...in the blessed hope-When Jesus Raptures His church prior to his return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Chrisitian who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.[1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
14. WE BELIEVE ...in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Isreal and the establishment of universal peace.
15. WE BELIEVE...A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord'